In my bag:
- Three running outfits, including sports bras, top, shorts, socks.
- One pair of running shoes.
- Extra layers: one thin jacket/stretchy pants and one fleece pullover/sweatpants.
- Blanket and pillow. My blanket has bumblebees on it, just so you know.
- Extra running socks.
- Compression socks.
- Arm warmers. These are awesome for "inbetween" weather conditions. Also, they make me feel fast.
- Chargers, adapter, cords, extra batteries.
- Reflective vest, red blinky light, extra blinky light, and headlamp.
- A few snackies for the road.
- Nuun for hydration. You add this to water.
- Empty handheld water bottle. I can fill this up wherever and add Nuun--helpful for airport security liquid restrictions and being green.
- Toiletries. Toothbrush/small toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush, wet wipes; I'll just use hotel shampoo and soap.
- Small towel.
- Extra bag to account for any purchases, souvenirs, and/or midtrip stuff expansion.
- Clothes for post-race/next day. I'll wear some of these tomorrow as well to save space.
All that (sorta) fits into my bag! The pillow doesn't really count. Not bad for one carry-on. Winning. Note wistful fuzzy friend at bottom right. She does not fit into my bag and is very sad about it. Normally I would like to bring more--my The Stick, an extra pair of shoes, more dry clothes. At least the rain chances this weekend are pretty slim. Have a look at this enormously helpful Hood to Coast weather report. Besides my bag, I'll of course have a purse with my Kindle, phone, headphones, cards, cash, etc.
Buying upon arrival/share with others:
- Insect repellent